March 17th is going to be huge, and not just because it’s St Patrick’s day.
That will mark the 250th Responsive Design Weekly Newsletter, that’s almost 5 years of weekly emails, and something that you’ve been a huge part of.
To celebrate I wanted to give something back to you, the community, that has been so supportive over that time. Here’s what we’re going to do!
You already enjoy the RWD Weekly Newsletter, which is great, but I’m sure that you’ve probably got at least one friend or co-worker that you think would also really enjoy the newsletter.
If that is the case then all you have to do is enter the competition.
The process is simple:
- Add your friends first name, last name, and email address on this form
- Include your own name and email address (so your friend recognises who the recommendation is from)
- Choose the prize you would like to win, and submit
- An email is sent to your friend asking them to confirm their subscription (along with an explanation that you signed them up)
- If they confirm the subscription then you’re both entered into the draw (and they’re added to the weekly newsletter)
The web community is full of amazing people that help out when you ask. Everyone I approached was more than happy to offer some prizes which I hope you will enjoy. They include
Vitaly from Smashing Magazine has provided a few different books to choose from including
- The Sketch Handbook – Everything you need to know about designing with Sketch by Christian Krammer
- Inclusive Design Patterns – creating more accessible designs by Heydon Pickering
- Real-Life Responsive Web Design – practical techniques and strategies from a raft of wonderful authors
Grow Your Audience
Grow Your Audience is an online course developed by Paul Jarvis which will help teach you how to do marketing the right way. I’ve done one of Paul’s online courses before (on Mailchimp) and he is an amazing teacher.
A Book Apart
Ethan Marcotte’s original article and first book on Responsive Design came right out of A Book Apart, so what better place to go back to with the Responsive Design Library. The titles include
- Responsive Web Design – Ethan Marcotte
- Responsible Responsive Design – Scott Jehl
- Going Responsive – Karen McGrane
- Responsive Design Patterns & Principles – Ethan Marcotte
Marc Thiele is the creator and sole organiser of my conference, Beyond Tellerrand. He’s providing one of you lucky folks with a ticket to the almost sold out Dusseldorf Conference between the 15-17th May 2017. (Ticket only, no travel or accommodation included)
Marc has also kindly offered up another ticket for the Berlin Conference between 6-8th November 2017, and you’ll be the first to snag a ticket as they don’t go on sale until April!
Adaptive Web Design
Responsive Design Notebooks
Get your own set of 3 x pocket notebooks focussed on the three tenets of Responsive Web Design.
Be in it to win it
The competition is only open to existing subscribers to newsletter who are introducing new subscribers.
There are a couple of general rules
- The prizes are limited and it’s first picked first served, so even if you win you might not get the one you selected
- You must be an existing subscriber to enter (emails will be checked/cross referenced)
- Your friend must confirm their subscription/email, until this happens I won’t be able to see the entry
- The draw will be made on the 16th March, so be quick